White plants are cool. Venus flytraps are cool. So how high does a white Dionaea set the cool factor? Very high. It’s not all roses though – the whiteness does not show up all year long.
- Source: cultivar selected by French grower Lucien Blacher ; plant obtained from him
- Temperature: from -2°C to 15°C in the coldest months ; from 15°C to 35°C in the warmest months
- Light: full sun almost from dawn to dusk, as much as the weather allows it
- Soil: 50% sphagnum moss 50% kanuma, topping of coarse quartz sand for protection against blackbirds and overheating ; 14 x 13 cm plastic pot with drainage holes
- Watering: daily input of rainwater, either naturally or from my own watering, during the growing season
© 2020-2023 Florent Chouffot, all rights reserved.