To some extent, pubescent Heliamphora are like toothy Nepenthes – a kind of holy grail. To my eyes, Wistuba’s clone 3 of Heliamphora minor var. pilosa boasts the best color of all clones to date, and with that very pronounced indumentum, the overall look is striking.
- Origin: Auyán Massif, Venezuela ; Wistuba’s clone 3
- Environment: terrarium placed close to a south-facing, blinded window
- Temperature: from 10°C at night to 25°C during the day in the coldest months ; from 15°C to 32°C in the warmest months
- Light: two 4000K 12W LED bars with reflector, located 50 cm above the plant, alight 12 hours a day ; occasional shaded sunlight in the morning from October to April
- Soil: kanuma, live green sphagnum moss topping, in a planter made of compacted tree fern roots
- Watering: daily mistings of demineralized water on the sphagnum moss
© 2020-2022 Florent Chouffot, all rights reserved.