Due to the sheer size of these plants, I can only provide suitable growing conditions to a single Nepenthes, so I chose one of my favorites even though that meant a long, long wait. Nepenthes edwardsiana is a true monster plant that is bound to outgrow my terrarium… and the room it is in. Hopefully it will give me years of contemplation before that happens.
- Origin: Mount Tambuyukon, Borneo ; seedgrown by Andreas Wistuba
- Environment: terrarium placed close to a south-facing, blinded window
- Temperature: from 10°C at night to 25°C during the day in the coldest months ; from 15°C to 32°C in the warmest months
- Light: two 4000K 12W LED bars with reflector, located 45 cm above the plant, alight 12 hours a day ; occasional shaded sunlight in the morning from October to April
- Soil: kanuma with a bit of quartz sand on the surface, in a planter made of compacted tree fern roots
- Watering: seepage from the daily mistings of demineralized water
© 2020-2022 Florent Chouffot, all rights reserved.