Due to the sheer size of these plants, I can only provide suitable growing conditions to a single Nepenthes, so I chose one of my favorites even though that meant a long, long wait. Nepenthes edwardsiana is a true monster plant that is bound to outgrow my terrarium… and the room it is in. Hopefully it will give me years of contemplation before that happens.
- Source: seed grown by Andreas Wistuba ; clone from Mount Tambuyukon, Borneo
- Environment: small greenhouse placed close to a south-facing, blinded window
- Temperature: from 10°C at night to 25°C during the day in the coldest months ; from 15°C to 32°C in the warmest months
- Light: one 10W 4000K LED spot, located 30 cm above the plant, alight 12 hours a day ; occasional shaded sunlight in the morning from October to April
- Soil: kanuma with a bit of quartz sand on the surface, in a planter made of compacted tree fern roots
- Watering: daily mistings of demineralized water at the base of the plant
– HISTORY [April 2022] Plant received [New pitchers in 2022] July 3, November 1, December 29 [New pitchers in 2023] March 16, June 4, July 22, November 8
© 2020-2023 Florent Chouffot, all rights reserved.